Condado de Oriza Reserva is made from Tempranillo (Tinta del País) that are carefully selected from 20-year-old vines.
- GRAPE: Tempranillo
- STYLE: Still wine
- REGION Ribera del Duero In the last 30 years, the Denominación de Origen Ribera del Duero has emerged to challenge the crown of Spain’s greatest wine region; Rioja. Located in Spain’s northern plateau, this region covers four Castile and León provinces – Burgos, Segovia, Soria and Valladolid. But, despite what its name may suggest, Ribera del Duero does not cover all of the villages along the River Duero. Ribera del Duero was granted its Denominación de Origen status in 1982 and today it has over 250 wineries and over 22,000 ha of vineyards. Most of Ribera del Duero production is red wine and only a moderate amount of rosé is produced. No white wines are permitted under the D.O. yet, but they will be soon. The region is characterised by its largely flat, rocky terrain.
- TASTING NOTESDark ruby red with subtle orange shades. The nose is a complex bouquet of cherries and dried plums combined with balsamic and spicy savoury notes. These intermingle with mocha, toast, caramel and smoke flavours as well as with a hint of pepper. Its palate is a reflection of its nose with additional notes of herbs and leather. The wine displays powerful, but very well integrated tannins, medium acidity and a long-lasting, velvety finish.
- FOOD PAIRINGA perfect complement to game, grilled beef, lamb chops with aromatic herbs and Castilian stews.
- BEST SERVEDBetween 15-16ºC. We recommended decanting or serving half an hour after opening.
- TECHNICAL INFORMATIONThe grapes are carefully selected to undergo a maceration process for five days. Fermentation at a controlled temperature (26-28 ºC) guarantees that the maximum varietal expression is obtained. The wine is then aged for 24 months in American and French oak barrels before bottling. The wine completes its ageing process in the bottle, where it remains for 12 months.
- ABOUT THIS WINE“Smoke, mineral and tobacco notes frame plum and earth flavors in this rather austere red. The firm tannins are balanced by juicy acidity, keeping it fresh and food-friendly.” Wine Spectator (USA)
- LATEST AWARDSDOUBLE GOLD & SPECIAL AWARD : BEST IN ITS CATEGORY
2017 TERRAVINO: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2013
2017 Concurso Mundial de Tempranillo: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2013
2017 Berliner Wein Trophy: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2013
2017 Mundus Vini: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2013
2017 CINVE: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2013
2017 China Wine & Spirits Awards: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2013
2017 Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2013
2017 Bacchus: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2013
90 POINTS & 5 STARS
Guía Peñín 2017: Condado de Oriza Reserva 2012